TELECOMMUNICATIONS ISSUES AND EMERGING TRENDS
Protecting our telecommunications clients includes regulatory review and litigation before public utility commissions state and federal courts, contract assessment, negotiation and consultation on business development and transactions. We have successfully defended competitors rights, whether economic, engineering or legal, regarding interconnection and operation of telecommunications networks and the establishment and enhancement of local telecommunication markets.
• Negotiation and arbitration of interconnection agreements.
• State certification and annual reporting of telecommunications service.
• Disputes with incumbent carriers and customers.
• Federal, state and local tax, franchise and fee obligations.
• Mergers and acquisitions.
• Rights-of-Way and IRU issues.
• Land use and real estate utility projects.
• Rulemaking and tariff proceedings.
• Bankruptcy issues.
• Cable television and telecommunications networks.
• Broadband Deployment.
• Rural High Cost / Connect America Fund.
• Rural Broadband Experiments.
• Lifeline Initiatives.
• Registration and Reporting.
• Wireless Services and Mobile payments.
• Eligible Telecommunications Carrier certification and compliance.
• VLAN, Cloud Computing and Ethernet connectivity.
• Service unbundling and commercial agreements.